Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Blogging Hour


The girls are awake. One of us more than the other . . .

Ella has taken to sleeping during the day and spending her nights quite wakeful—gazing around with wide eyes at her brand new world and entertaining her delirious mother with her antics. Fortunately, she is not crying. In fact, she is most content here with me, at 12:44am Thursday morning. She is lying across my lap staring at my face as I type this. Every once in a while she will look at me through half-lowered lids like she knows exactly the sway she holds over me.

She's right. I am won over.

Good grief, its a godless hour of the day and I have just redeemed it as my new blogging hour.

We can all thank Ella.

1 comment:

  1. oh sister, i so remember that! enjoy these moments as crazy as they are, they are the peaceful moments you may find with your girl. she may i add, is so beautiful, i love her every little feature. she is a masterpeice. i might be dropping something off this morning, but i can't come in because i'll have my babes, if your still up for it, i can drop by around 3 today after my meeting. let me know if this is not goingt work. i love you.

    ReplyDelete