Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beautiful Adjustments



One of the reasons I started this blog, was to keep my mind fresh-full of memories.

Yesterday, we (our little family of four) experienced a beautiful moment between Caleb and Ella—a first true "big brother" moment. He climbed up in my lap after I finished feeding Ella, and asked to hold her. More naturally than anything, he proceeded to wrap his little arms around her, kiss her, and whisper to her things that only he and Ella understood. Aaron, the hero behind the camera, caught it all in living color . . . and so I share it with you . . .

I am aware that this new role Caleb will be filling in Ella's life, will take a bit of time to adjust to. And yet, as a boy and eventually as a man, Caleb is so perfectly suited for the job. Even now, as just a little guy, I see evidence of the man God created him to be: caretaker, gentle but stronger companion, protector. What a gift that we are allowed to see just a few of these character traits develop as our son practices his role of manhood with his sister.

Again, we are blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Beth,
    Happy St. Patrick's Day! How are you enjoying your new nursery that you worked so hard on? :)
    What a sweet moment! Siblings are such wonderful gifts. Each one is so different yet they just add so much to our lives. I am happy that my parents had so many! LOL. : )

    ReplyDelete