Sunday, April 12, 2009

Men at Work




Saturday marked the first day here in central Minnesota that the sun actually accomplished something, and the temps hit forty-eight degrees! It was miraculous! Neighbors emerged from their long state of dormancy to reveal significant physical changes—longer hair, taller children, etc. We too emerged, took a long walk, soaked up some desperately needed vitamin D, and my two handsome men immediately set to work unearthing the back yard from last autumn's leaves that somehow never got raked, bagged, and disposed of. This is the first year that Caleb has been big enough, mobile enough, and able to follow instructions (ie, "no running in the street") to be outside and not only thoroughly enjoy the experience himself, but allow us to as well. In my mind, I have yet to experience a longer winter than the one we just lived through . . . something about being bound within four walls, pregnant, and with a red-headed toddler . . .

Anyway, spring is upon us, and despite my husband's realistic perspective, ("Only one more good April snowstorm, and then spring will be here!") I am celebrating the warmth.
Bring the sun!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think a lot of memories will be made this year. :) I am fed up with our weather, too. Two weeks ago we hit 70! Now we are back to the 30's and I feel constantly cold...

    ReplyDelete