Thursday, April 16, 2009

Caleb and Ella


I realize I have posted a couple of pictures of Caleb holding Ella, and that they are remarkably similar to this one, but this image is becomming such a regular sight in our home that i feel inclined to share it here. I keep thinking, Ella's novelty to Caleb is going to wear off any minute. And yet almost every morning he asks, "I hold my sister? I hold her? I'm the brother." This is such a gift to me! And while I know Caleb will eventually get "bugged" by his sister, (like when she is into his stuff), for now I will keep taking this picture, and posting it, so I can remind myself and my son when he is particularly irritated and frustrated by Ella, that he is "the brother" and that he loves that role!

2 comments:

  1. well baby sister is into big brothers stuff at my house, but they do seem to still like one another because big brother still asks each morning..
    "baby come out now?" so i know, even if it's a love/hate relationship, the love is there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Sweet. I wish you a fabulous Thursday! : )

    ReplyDelete