Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm A Big Boy Now . . .


The past couple months have been strenously focused on Caleb's shift from diapers to "unders" and I am proud to say that Caleb has leaped the gap and entered the "big boy" realm! We are SO proud of him!

We used several incentives: stickers, skittles, new "unders," and once a coveted car when he used the toilet for "poo" the first time. It was a big moment. The true and final incentive, however, occurred when we told Caleb that he could not turn three if he still wore diapers. This did it. Every successful time he used the toilet he would clap and say to me,
"Mom, my birthday will be so happy!"

All this to say, besides the success of potty training, that my little boy is no longer so little. *sniffs and looks puzzled at the calendar* Where did the time go? Furthermore, even Caleb knows it is passing!

This afternoon as I tucked him in for a nap, kissed him, and told him to have a good rest, he said to me:

"Hey Mom, guess what."
"What?"
"My birthday's coming—right around the corner!"
"That's right!"
"I'm growing up so fast."

So fast.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...so fast! I just blogged about the same thing with Sammy at http://its-all-about-the-journey.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-true-what-they-say.html She can do so much without my help! The days are so slow sometimes, but the years do fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. How is it possible that they have gotten so big SO fast!!! Tryn is over halfway to kindergarten. Not next summer, but the summer after she will be getting ready for school and we will be buying school supplies. I don't think I can handle it. I am going to be a hysterical mother of a kindergartner.

    ReplyDelete