Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Finer Arts



Well, today I was brave. (A bit of a rare event these days . . . must be the pregnancy).

Caleb and I dug out the play dough and paints and we got down to the work of being extremely creative.

Despite the mess, I would say the experience was a grand success.

Caleb had a great time, managed to keep his artistic endeavors pretty much on his medium, and Mommy felt pretty good about the "learning" experience . . .

("Do you know what color this is, Caleb?" . . . "Can you tell Mommy what shape this is?") . . .



I am finding that some of my best days with Caleb are spent getting
messy, cuddling up with stories, and generally taking the time and making the effort to be an active participant in my son's play. Most often I am quite surprised at how much fun I end up having as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment