Saturday, May 16, 2009

Muffins


Last night was, as Caleb would say, "a doozy."
Caleb came down with some more sick bugs yesterday afternoon and ran a temp most of the night, which meant he needed lots of drinks of water and cuddles (I was happy to comply). But come 2:30am as Ella decided the day had dawned, the whole night began to feel a bit long.

All that said, my darling husband rose at dawn with Caleb who was feeling much better, and allowed me to sleep in. (A HUGE treat!) Even better . . . my two best men decided to make "breakfast" in bed for Mamma. Blueberry muffins.

About 7:30am I hear little feet padding up the stairs . . .

Caleb: "For Mommy?"
Daddy: "Yep, bud, for Mommy."
Caleb: "I bring it to her?"
Daddy: "Yep."
Caleb: "MOMMY! . . . MOMMY! I BRING IT FOR YOU!"
Daddy: "SShhhhhh,Caleb. Not so loud,you'll wake Ella."
Caleb: "I'll wake Ella?"
Daddy: "Yep."

My bedroom door cracks open . . .
Caleb: "You sleepin Mamma?"
Me: "Nope, I'm awake."
Caleb: "I bring you muffin!!!"
Me: "OHHHH CALEB, You are the best boy!"
Caleb: (wide grin) "I snuggle you?"
Me: "Absolutely! Come on up."

And so we did, and all the hours I didn't sleep were quickly forgotten as my little red head cuddled next to me and made sure I ate every bite of my Blueberry Muffin. (Caleb: "but not the wrapper Mommy. Take the wrapper off.")

1 comment: